"Social Structures and the Politics of Simplicity" in Simpler Living, Compassionate Life
- "Social Structures and the Politics of Simplicity" in Simpler Living, Compassionate Life
- Simpler Living, Compassionate Life, is a book from Earth Ministries that consists of both essays and community guides regarding humanity’s relationship to our earthly home. This section, "Social Structures and the Politics of Simplicity," looks at systems in society that perpetuate and encourage over-consumption. From theology to capitalism to advertising, authors call out ways in which we have built our world for destruction. It focuses not only on personal choices, but the necessity of engaged politics and policy. For the full version Moriah Reichert's review of this section of the book, visit the link below.
- Simpler Living, Compassionate Life
- Link to full review.
- Date Created
- March 1, 1999
- editor Michael Schut
John B. Cobb Jr.
- All audiences/General public
- Resources For Action
- Homes and Individual Lifestyle
- Resources For Study
- english Consumerism/Waste
- english Simplicity and Mindfulness
- Screenshot (95).png