Engaged Organizations: The Shalom Center
- Engaged Organizations: The Shalom Center
The Shalom Center discusses their three major program priorities on their website:
"(1) Addressing the Global Climate Crisis, especially drawing on Jewish and other religious teachings about shaping a sustainable society; coping with the problems created by unacccountable concentrations of corporate and government power in making change difficult; and working on these issues with special concern for those most vulnerable and most hurt as the climate crisis unfolds.
(2) Addressing unjust and destructive concentrations of political and economic power in the hyper-wealthy and in giant global corporations — power that corrupts democracy, including elections, and delivers enormous “benefits” to those who wield the power while depriving the poor, the aged, the sick, Black and Latino and Native communities, much of the middle class, and large numbers of women of ways to meet their individual and social needs.
(3) Peacemaking, especially among the Abrahamic communities both within the USA and in the broader Middle East, where violence is especially intense and where it engages intense emotions in the overlapping circles of the Jewish community, the other Abrahamic communities, and the American public generally."
- The Shalom Center
- All audiences/General public
The original html version of this resource was accessed at https://theshalomcenter.org/ on February 13, 2020.
- Resources For Action
- english Sustainability
- english Eco-Justice/Poverty/Racism